Saturday, November 8, 2008

North Sulfur River

Saradon jaw bone
(This is the big ugly fish)
Well next weekend should be a good time for all at the North Sulfur River, since there was rain this week and looks like next week it is going to rain at least a couple of days. I know I'll try to get out there. I think my husband and I addicted to that place, We literally start feeling a need to go back. It's such a cool place because every trip you can find something, it may not be something really amazing but you can always come back with something. I even pick up bits of colored glass for art projects while I'm looking for the Mosasuars and fish parts. My ultimate goal is a tusk, I've found what I believe to be bits of tusk but nothing substantial, the largest piece is about 6 inches long and maybe an inch wide. Last trip I found a nice piece of Mosasuar jaw, 2 teeth sockets with partial teeth and a lower socket that you can see the the tooth point in. We have 11 verts from one area of the river, 4 were found touching each other. My husband has found several Mosasuar teeth, on is about 3 inches in length. He also has a saradon jaw bone and some nice verts from another big ugly fish that I cannot even begin to spell. lol. We so badly want to move closer to the river, but finding it difficult to do at this time. Right now it's like a 3 hour drive for us to get there but we still manage at least once a month. :) Well happy hunting ya'll. And share your stories and finds with us.

No comments: